Wednesday, February 17, 2010

known

i am known, yet i am hidden. parts of my heart still remain unseen, tucked away behind my two warm eyes and my smiling mouth. i am surrounded with no retreat in sight. ask me one more time how my day has gone, only to finish my sentence and change the subject swiftly. i didn't have anything efficient or useful to say anyhow, just ramblings and heart spurts that would probably result in tears and silence. how i wish that today this silence possessed a face i could touch and two ears that would listen. alas, the face that i long to touch is not yet within reach, and the ears that are listening only pick up the echoes of my little whisper penetrating through the earth's atmosphere, into the heavens passed the crystal sea, through the outer courts, the throneroom and into the heart of my beloved.

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see (Him) face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." I Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/18/10, 8:04 AM, Blogger Me. said...

This is beautiful. I have words for you. They are in the front pocket of your bookbag. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home