Friday, January 22, 2010

chaos and order

it's quiet in the commune and i finally hear my heart beating. i've forgotten how my thoughts sounded like. my days are densely occupied - school, my commitments at TGC, the new roll i am taking in the spiritual mentorship program at king's. not to mention the layers of my heart and mind that holy spirit has been pulling back since my visit to kansas city.

all of this change is extravagant, it's chaotic. there are moments when i am tempted to throw up my hands and retreat from everything that is vying for my attention. and yet for the first time in my 25 years of existence, i feel sober enough to balance each facet of my life, to keep things in order and steward these things rightly. i believe that this epiphany is also known as maturely growing into adulthood. quite frankly, i never thought that this day would come. with every uncertainty that i have battled as to who i am and what my purpose is, this realization has come in its due time. this weight of confidence that i am loved well and well taken care of, it's freeing. there is much truth to be learned in the words of jesus when he said, "do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?... but seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (taken from john chapter 6)

so today i charge you - consider the birds of the air and the lillies of the fields. ponder their freedom, their beauty, their simplicity as well as their complexities. and allow the weight of confidence rest on your shoulders. know that your Father in heaven treasures you far above the birds and the lillies.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/1/10, 11:59 AM, Blogger sue said...

Miriam it's you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home