Monday, September 28, 2009

"I AM"

Christian. Jesus. Salvation. Offensive. Relentless. I AM

CHRISTIAN. In a sense of emulation to every nation, tribe and tongue, I will become JESUS. In a moment's time, I will throw mud in your eye, bring SALVATION to the blind. OFFENSIVE. With my words I am able to make you cringe, roll your eyes at me, why not just throw your stones at me, I'll turn the other cheek! I am RELENTLESS. I will give you my coat, come close; I swaer I won't jump down your throat. I'll lend you my ear, call all hours of the night. We'll hit up Denny's grand slam, Quizno's toasted and roasted eat fresh like Burger King have it your way. Need a ride? Need to cry? Need to confide? Need a place to hide? I'll even die for your eyes to be opened to the fact that these preachers and church leaders throwing hell in your face. They lack wisdom, they lack grace. Pharisees and their high and mighty laws of condemnation, integrity's misplaced in their need for recognition. Where we lack in love, we make up for by stabbing you in the face with a never-ending flood of disarray and confusion. Because you still haven't heard what Martha did to Sister Clarence who said this and that to Brother Matt who called Pastor Markus lazy and fat, good for nothing, worthless piece of... Well, you get the picture!

Ignorant to peace, naive, lacking in faith, leaving me with a bad name! Turn over tables, set the place on fire, leaving nothing but blood and mire to this den of thieves! I refuse the temple, the priestly robe of gold and scarlet glimmering, shining fabrics and metallic metals of earthly value. To wear my Sunday best because on Sunday, God will surely tread upon any non-compliant soul and strike you with His hand. Church filled with pew-warming babies suffering from diaper rash, diarrhea and an attitude worthy of a beating. Loveless, worthless, such a mess, mentally handicapped, doctrinally twisted, never knowing what it truly means to be a CHRISTIAN.

I am imperfect. I am a sinner.
I am created. I am a servant. I am astounded.
I am bound. In need, I am free.
God gives grace, I am saved.
Christian. Jesus. Salvation. Offensive. Relentless.
I AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home