Monday, September 28, 2009

"beautiful things"

no offense to beautiful things

but i'd rather wear a t-shirt and jeans

do up my hair on occassion or two

yet i would much rather let my hair down for you

lift up my brush, filled with browns and grays

paint my face on with beauty and grace

yet i'd rather not paint a mask on for you

but show you my eyes, my desirous pools

of emotion and love, of heartache and pain

my smile, my tears, the lines of my face

the beauty that you will find as you stare

has been carefully placed - from my nose to my hair

a little dot placed just above my left eye

my round, rosey cheeks and my lips slightly dry

please look very closely, look beyond what you see

look passed epidermis, see what lies beneath

for beauty's exterior, from forehead to chin

yet the beauty i love is only found within

so take no offense, beautiful things

i would much rather wear a t-shirt and jeans

1 Comments:

At 9/28/09, 11:28 PM, Blogger Me. said...

you are all sorts of beautiful things

 

Post a Comment

<< Home