Thursday, June 04, 2009

"a brooklyn bridge is a-burnin"

i had forgotten what it's like to cross you
you're so unforgiving, you double-crossed me
now i carry my cross in agony
how did it feel to lose me?
if you couldn't have me to yourself, no one else would
is that what you said because you thought you could?

when you plunged the jagged edge into my heart
what did my face look like?
remember always how surprised you were
when i did not die
i loved you then and i love you now
even still, you try to love
but you do not know how

burning bridges
never pleasant, so unncessesary
you've become my enemy
strike up the band
the burial scene is lovely
thank you for the invitation
here's a toast to emancipation


leave then, never say i never told you so
light up the matches that you hold
and put us out of our misery
go right ahead
there is no blood on your two hands
you're always good at playing innocent
it is the end, amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home