Monday, September 01, 2008

home

along with my rekindled desire to write and journal, i have also been sporatically coming up with hooks for possible song ideas. most of them come randomly - on the train by myself, reading something that will cause my mind to trail, a conversation with a friend, an observation or experience at any given moment. here is one that i cannot stop dwelling on:


i wanna be the one that you call home
i wanna be the one that you call home
so come inside
and lay with me tonight

lay down your head and i will hold
your face to mine, your body close
no need to fear, no letting go
you have me forever



coming from a certain place in my life where God has been bringing to the surface and into His light, the idea of home kept coming to mind - how i have been longing for such security and familiarity lately, when in all reality, my geographical position does not change the fact that my soul (my thoughts & emotions) is longing for a place of safety and rest and essentially, a home.

also, thoughts of love and romance have been lingering in my present thought processes. so this is probably where the intimacy depicted in the lyrics have come from, since i'm not currently in a romantic relationship with anyone but Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 9/11/08, 8:08 PM, Blogger CaliJames said...

Those lyrics are amazing! Truly. Deeply and emotionally nutritious, if you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home