Monday, April 07, 2008

from train rides to airplanes

the april 2nd entry, written on the airtrain as i made my way to the airport to fly home to california:

the sun is rising over queens - i havent seen it rise in far too long. the freeways are filled with people beginning their new days, but i am going home and in a sense, i am ending the honeymoon of my life in new york city. the first eight weeks may have already passed, but i pray to God that the romance will keep with me through these next few months of life. i have a feeling that it will be crucial, after this first visit home, for love to fill my heart. i do not say this for the anyone's sake but my own. the hardest and loneliest times are yet to come, i am sure. but as david said it the psalms: let love and faithfulness never leave you. bind them around your neck, write them on the tablets of your heart. then you will win favor in the sight of God and men. i will take heed to these words, love God and men to the best of my ability, and with God's grace, continue to live this adventure of a life. but in the mean time, california, here i come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home