Monday, March 03, 2008

unfortunate

i am in boston this weekend - my roommates and i decided to take a little roadtrip about two hours north of our beloved city of brooklyn/new york. i do not have to work until tuesday, so these next few days have been set apart to be relaxing. that was, of course, until forty-five minutes ago when i realized that my cell phone was missing. a couple of months ago i was walking in downtown stockton after watching a late-night movie when i realized my cell phone had fallen off of my belt clip. tonight was the same scenario, different day.

there is no explination as to why circumstances like this come along. i vividly remember moments tonight when i was on my cell phone, doing whatever it is i do - texting, taking photos and videos, playing guitar hero (yes, i know it's a little dorky, but i love the game so much)! funny how, for even a split second, having my phone in my hand made me feel good, as if i was connected to those on the other side of it. it comes with an ounce of pride, to own nice things all in the name of convenience and entertainment. but i often forget just how easy it is to regard theses types of things as necessity - cell phones, vehicles, the internet, brand name clothing.

i would like to say that i am beyond the desire to strongly want and even think i need these things, but i'm not. i walked a good ten blocks, retracing my steps from the pub we were at to the hotel we are staying in, in hopes of finding my cell phone on some random sidewalk. unfortunately i could not find it, and now i am left to either feel angry, disappointed or at peace with the fact that i am alright even without my phone. am i frustrated? absolutely! especially since it costs money (money i can't really afford to spend) to replace my phone... not to mention the hassle of the replacement process. but now it's my choice to let this whole thing ruin my weekend. i suppose i can just think about it when i get back, and let life move on, yeah?

other than that, things are going well... i really cannot complain - loving life, loving God, loving people! it's the way to go, fer sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home