Tuesday, March 25, 2008

living

here is my march 15th myspace blog entry:

the city seems to be singing to me today, with its orchestra of taxi horns and sirens, its choir of businessmen, tourists, street vendors, students - every language known to man being sung in a harmony that can be described as nothing short of angelic. there is always something new going on around here, and each day comes with its own trials. yet today my heart feels so grateful to be able to live in this moment, at this place and time. i worked early today so i have the rest of the day to do whatever i wish. this brings me so much joy that i could shriek out of excitement! both of my roommates are out of town. yep, jaci and patrick are gone and i have the home to myself (minus the three lil’ furballs who actually own the place and allow us to inhabit their living areas). maybe i will go home, give the bathtub a little scrub (i swear i didn’t mean to rhyme there), and then soak in it for a few minutes or hours.

jaci, michael schools and i wandered the lower east side last night, and there was one moment that instantaneously and almost simultaneously all three of us agreed that there was no other place we would rather be than walking these streets, living in this city, absorbing the perfectly chilled night, enjoying each others’ company and finding ourselves in the greatest feeling any man can have - contentment.

my life is by no means a fairy tail. yet there is most definitely NO room for me to complain. contentment has yet to be a constant state of living for me, but today i find myself in such a state of gratitude simply to be living. how unfortunate it is for those who have never felt this type of contentment - to never experience the freedom of living comfortably in your own skin!

to quote the apostle paul’s letter to timothy again this blog, there is a passage that is fitting for this scenario of contentment:
"...True godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content." I Timothy 6:6-8 (NLT)

the more i release my fear of my future, my self-image, my finances, and whatever else may be stealing my life - i find contentment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home