Saturday, February 02, 2008

archive five: full of it

november 22, 2007

i hopped in the shower this morning, rushing to get ready for the day. my checklist of things-to-do was replaying through my mind - pack my toothbrush, clean out my car, call those i love and make sure they know i love them, put away my laundry. for a moment it slipped my mind, that thi was the day set apart to be thankful for whatever it is that you're thankful for. i began to talk to God.

as i began to go through all of the things that i am thankful for, it hit me just how amazing my life is. i've lived an amazing life already - if i died today, i would have NO ROOM to complain about anything. you know that i've had the privilege of meeting some of the most fascinating and ecclectic people you could ever imagine! i've visited a few cool places, i've loved a lot of people and i've been loved by even more. i've eaten A LOT of good food throughout my life and i've learned that the most amazing lessons are free. i've had my heart broken, i've felt guilt, shame, loneliness, hate, anger and disppair. and i've survived each one of them!

but i would be a fool to believe that it was all my doing. i've experienced the mercy of God - the mercy that refrains me from receiving the consequences i deserve. and more than anything, i'm constantly living in the grace of God - the grace that gives me more favor than i deserve. every experience, every encounter, every lesson learned, every good thing has come from a God that loves me and takes pleasure in giving good things to his kids. and i'm the biggest kid of all!

so don't forget your Father in heaven today - and make sure your gratitude is known!

Currently reading :
Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections Between Sexuality And Spirituality
By Rob Bell
Release date: March, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home