Tuesday, July 12, 2005

More Smutz

A little more details of my life here in Perth:

I live in a dorm house only two blocks from the actual YWAM base. We affectionately call our home Two Two Eight (228) because it is the street addy and the code name for where we live. There are two huge rooms in 228 and each room has about 20 girls living in them. I live with some fabulous ladies who mainly originate from the States. One good friend of mine is an Aussie from the East coast whose name is Tara. You're probably going to hear more about her because she's pretty fun and we have a good time together, poking fun at each other and such!

Lectures, as I said earlier have been going fabulous! I'll actually let you know what I think about lectures when this week is over! HA! It's repentance and forgiveness week in our school and we're learning about living our lives completely in the light. It's a tough lesson to learn, especially because we are now talking about living holy lives in the site of God. It's been amazing!

Our days are filled with all kinds of things to do, and you'll be happy to know that not only is our spiritual character being tested, but our physical character is being shaped as well. We have MORNING EXCERSIZES every morning at 6am; we also have morning chores everyday where everyone in our base "family" receives an assigned job to help be good stewards of the home God has given us. Along with that we have work duties where every student is assigned a job for the entire lecture phase that we are here. My job just so happened to be writing articles for the base yearbook! Who would've thought that I could be assigned a job I really like, eh?

The food here is pretty good (not like my Dad, Edith or Mama Steph's cooking, but pretty good), but I don't think I'll be gaining any weight... Other than that things are fabulous! The people are so lovely, and the things that I am learning so far have been phenomenal! And to think, it's only the SECOND WEEK!

I miss you all and hope things are going well. Write me, I'd love to hear how you are doing. So, yeah! That's that for now! LOVE YOU ALL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home