Monday, July 11, 2005

I'm Being Found Out

G'day from the beautiful city of Perth, Australia! It is a nice chilly, but sunny morning and I have a few minutes before morning lectures start so I thought I would write a bit since an entry is long overdue.

Last week we had lectures on the Nature and Character of God. I am learning more and more that we can never fully trust God if we are not familiar with His character. Here's a little challenge for you: Read Psalm 145 and tell me how many traits you can find that talk about God. There are SO MANY! And if you read it over a second time, you'll still find more!

Along with knowing more about God's nature comes knowing yourself. I know that this may seem a bit foreign, so maybe I'll go into a little more detail another time. But basically because God has created us in His image, we can see our true identity when we look at His (or at least the identity that we were meant to have). Because God is holy, I am meant to be holy; because He has perfect love, I should have perfect love. Often times I don't, and that is the purpose for this week: Forgiveness and Repentance Week!

All I can say is please pray for me. I am learning a lot about the effects of your past on your present life and we're going through a lot of introversion and such. I'm being found out! Anywho... Gotta go, eh? I'll write more later! LOVE YOU ALL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home