Monday, May 09, 2005

Spiritual Upbringing

Throughout my life I have been blessed beyond measure to have parents that have always known the importance of spiritual growth. Not many people have been able to be raised in a household such as mine, and for that I am very grateful. But beyond having an immediate family that has cared for my spiritual well being, I have had the honor of my life being poured into by men and women of God who truly have my best interests at heart.

Two people who have more recently been guilty of messing up my life for the ordinary, people who I owe so much to already, are Pastor Danny and Stephanie Goodin. Pastor Danny, whom I affectionately call "Papa Dan", teaches me so much about responsibility and consistency. He is also such a great example of showing godly, merciful leadership. On top of that, he's a hecka funny guy and we have fun annoying his wife, Stephanie. Steph and I became better acquianted just a little bit before my trip to The Gambia, West Africa last summer. Since then we have become very good friends, and I think it would be safe to say that she understands me more than I realized any single human being could. We are good for each other, like the creme filling and the oreo cookies or rice and soy sauce. I love them both so much! Yesterday they took me up to Sacramento, to go shopping at REI for things that I'm going to need when I travel. Everything we did was great, and they did so much more than they should have. But simply being with them and absorbing the things that they teach me is more important to me than all the money in the world!

We give honor to whom honor is due, and this news update is devoted to Mama & Papa Goodin. When I struggle with feeling alone in this time of transition, often questioning whether or not anyone is behind me to hold me up, I can count on them to give me their undivided support and love. I love you, Danny and Steph!


Me and Mama Steph having lunch in Danny's office


Papa Dan during dinner at their home

Countdown to DTS: 64 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home