Thursday, April 21, 2005

Extremely Humbled

Growing up in the midst of charismatic, Christian fellowships, I had never visited a more traditional, Baptist church before this year. It was not that I was against the Baptist church by any means. We are all of the same salvation - faith in Jesus Christ! Yet I have to be honest, when I was younger, I never thought I could even have the opportunity to lead worship in a Baptist church, let alone like it! So when I went to the First Baptist college group here in town to help a friend/co-worker of mine lead worship, I was thrilled to find out just how much I love playing there. It is definitely not the more traditional church, in fact my friend, Jamie, and I have coined the terms "charis-baptist", "pente-baptist or my personal favorite, "bapti-costal".

All that to say, yesterday I sat down to open my mail as I usually do. As I did, I found an envelope with the First Baptist logo/return address. It was a little note from Pastor Brad, the college pastor, along with a generous donation to my YWAM tuition fund! Needless to say, I was extremely humbled by the whole situation. Not because they are Baptist and I am Pentecostal, but because I do not even go to their church yet they felt led to help send me into the ministry God is calling me to.

Thank you, Jamie! Thank you, Pastor Brad! And thank God for allowing the fullness of the body of Christ come together in support of each other!

Countdown to DTS: 81 days

3 Comments:

At 4/23/05, 5:17 PM, Blogger Krystle said...

that's sweet man. i have to admit i almost started laughing aloud when i saw the words "traditional baptist church." try a presbyterian church next, you'll witness my childhood.

 
At 3/16/07, 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/20/07, 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home